• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Noodling day 2

Disclaimer: literally 8 minutes of me screwing around, so keep scrolling if you’re not prepared for the randomness lol.

Seriously though, I really enjoyed noodling yesterday and figured I’d just hit record and play and go at it again. If any of my other beginners aren’t doing this I highly recommend it. Yes, this is only my second time doing so, but just recording myself and playing twice I’m noticing a certain feel and sound I keep going back to when I’m just playing and not thinking too hard about it, and I’m realizing this could be a great way to find MY sound ! ❤️

There’s also a moment in here where you can actually see my facial expressions change and I get a more serious look because I played a couple power cords and had an idea, and it was like I could hear what I wanted in my head, but had to try and figure out how to get it out.
LOVED this! You have a great sense for rhythm and melody and your chugging is mean already! Loved the experimenting with the Wah! But one thing I'd like to see you do is use vibrato if you play single notes / runs. Just try and give every note a vibrato, like a slight bend up and down. It will come quick if you do this all the time and it's really a point where you can shine as an individual guitarist as everybodys vibrato is different!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
LOVED this! You have a great sense for rhythm and melody and your chugging is mean already! Loved the experimenting with the Wah! But one thing I'd like to see you do is use vibrato if you play single notes / runs. Just try and give every note a vibrato, like a slight bend up and down. It will come quick if you do this all the time and it's really a point where you can shine as an individual guitarist as everybodys vibrato is different!
Thanks Dom ! Definitely wasn’t thinking of vibrato, gotta get that in there lol. Oh, and that wasn’t a wah...we have one but I’m not coordinated enough for that lol
that was a phaser pedal 😁
I gotta work up to the wah haha.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Gonna comment on parts separately as they all have different elements.

Part 1.. sounded so country like. I loved the double stops. You ended up making a pretty melodic sounding riff out of it. I think you should try to expand on that riff. Could be a ton of ideas there to move into.

Part 2..first distortion kick in. Sooo punk like. I really love the tone of your guitar. It makes me want to go out and buy a fender lol

Part 3.. the hammer.ons sounded pretty natural.. and you seem to have good note selection from start to finish there. You start to hear already the notes you are comfy with. The addition of the whammy.. it's fun keep using it! You said it best. I dunno why I never use that!

Part 4 the last bit had some strong lead parts your bends are bang on. I definitely can see your hard work paying off already. Keep noodling. Soon you'll hear things you wanna put together and soon enough you'll be writing your own material.

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Gonna comment on parts separately as they all have different elements.

Part 1.. sounded so country like. I loved the double stops. You ended up making a pretty melodic sounding riff out of it. I think you should try to expand on that riff. Could be a ton of ideas there to move into.

Part 2..first distortion kick in. Sooo punk like. I really love the tone of your guitar. It makes me want to go out and buy a fender lol

Part 3.. the hammer.ons sounded pretty natural.. and you seem to have good note selection from start to finish there. You start to hear already the notes you are comfy with. The addition of the whammy.. it's fun keep using it! You said it best. I dunno why I never use that!

Part 4 the last bit had some strong lead parts your bends are bang on. I definitely can see your hard work paying off already. Keep noodling. Soon you'll hear things you wanna put together and soon enough you'll be writing your own material.
dude thanks so much ! It’s actually so funny because I don’t listen to country music but that’s what came out in the beginning. I’m definitely liking just playing around and finding the sounds I like personally even if it doesn’t reflect the music I typically listen too. Although, punk rock was totally my first love, so I get that coming out lol.
And I’m so glad you like the tone ! I’ve been working at find the combo of things I like. In store I knew I wanted a fender, and i knew I wanted a humbucker as opposed to all single coils. I’ve played around with all of the pickups but find on my strat the neck pickup for clean tones and the humbucker for my distortion sounds best. I don’t like to split the Humbucker either, which I know a lot of people do. So I guess in playing with that I’m finding that “Alicia” sound lol. i also prefer my fender on the tube amp, it sounds so much better to me. Where as my husbands Gibson sounds better on the digital katana.
I also really like using a tube screamer pedal. it just gives it a wee bit more punch

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media