• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

SGS Collab Auditions - Blues Solo

My take for the blues solo. Feeling really insecure about both of my audition solos but still wanted to get them out there. Feedback appreciated! @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga
This sounds great ! Although, I gotta say....I feel like you enjoy rock a bit more ? Am I right ?! You just seem to get more into rock stuff from what I see.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
This sounds great ! Although, I gotta say....I feel like you enjoy rock a bit more ? Am I right ?! You just seem to get more into rock stuff from what I see.
I think it's just that I am feeling more safe with rock. That's also where I want to be in the actual collab. I am pretty new to blues and while I adore quite some Blues playing, especially by John Mayer I think I'm not quite ready to translate that to my playing. I'm trying anyway :)
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
A
Good licks! The one feedback I got for you is work on playing more legato and don't be afraid to be expressive, take your time on the bends and add some vibrato. Blues is all about expression, pain...and swagger! :cool:
🤣

There's some really nice blues licks in here! Awesome! I especially like that your not overplaying which is always a good thing.
I'm glad I got that from you!! There were multiple versions of this and before I actually felt I WAS overplaying it to the end so I changed it :)

Reactions: idssdi
Good licks! The one feedback I got for you is work on playing more legato and don't be afraid to be expressive, take your time on the bends and add some vibrato. Blues is all about expression, pain...and swagger! :cool:
🤣

More legato... didn't think about that, thanks! Also I kinda left out the vibrato intentionally to give it a little more feel. At least that's what I felt. Because it's kinda the opposite of what I normally do :)

Media information

Category
Student Shred Collaboration
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media