• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

SGS Collab Auditions - Rock Solo

My take for the rock solo. Feeling really insecure about both of my audition solos but still wanted to get them out there. Feedback appreciated! @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga
Love it ! I think this solo really does a good job of showcasing a lot of what you can do, and that’s so freaking cool ! Bends, tapping, pinch harmonic..... 🤘🏻

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber
If you feel insecure you should spend a bit more time. I personally am deciding to not watch a single video til the deadline. Rutes was the only one I looked at. The rest I'll listen to at the end.

I like seeing the videos up now but I feel everyone also may wanna hold off til were closer to the deadline. Reason being we dont want to make others feel insecure and me personally I dont wanna steal ideas.. or hear something similar to mine and think I have to change it.. etc. If I skip your or anyones video this is why. Once the deadline hits I'll watch every single one. And I'll be posting mine closer to the end too. One thing jll admit.. watching rutes made me realize I'll have to step it up a notch because what I origionall had planned is definitely not st her level lol.

If you feel insecure you should spend a bit more time. I personally am deciding to not watch a single video til the deadline. Rutes was the only one I looked at. The rest I'll listen to at the end.

I like seeing the videos up now but I feel everyone also may wanna hold off til were closer to the deadline. Reason being we dont want to make others feel insecure and me personally I dont wanna steal ideas.. or hear something similar to mine and think I have to change it.. etc. If I skip your or anyones video this is why. Once the deadline hits I'll watch every single one. And I'll be posting mine closer to the end too. One thing jll admit.. watching rutes made me realize I'll have to step it up a notch because what I origionall had planned is definitely not st her level lol.
Gotcha! And I think that's a good approach. For me personally, I am totally new to songwriting and anything so I will never be 100% convinced with what I write here. But I didn't want to overthink it and just get it out and get a couple of opinions in this. Looking foreward to see yours here!

Amazes me how far rute has
Gotcha! And I think that's a good approach. For me personally, I am totally new to songwriting and anything so I will never be 100% convinced with what I write here. But I didn't want to overthink it and just get it out and get a couple of opinions in this. Looking foreward to see yours here!

I've been writing for years. And I'm still not convinced it's good enough. Lol I think even when you finish a song you're always looking for ways to make it better.

I especially like the tapping a lot! It does sound a bit like you ran out of ideas after the tapping bit though, try to tell a bit more of a story in your solo instead of it being a collection of licks which it does sound like to me after the tapping lick. For example right after the tapping lick is a really cool spot to put a cool melody/motif in the same area high up the neck since you've been building up to it with the tapping lick.

A
I agree with Ids, those are some excellent points.
Your tapping was very cool! I loved it! I had a big smile on my face.

The feedback I would add is, work on your hand synchronization. Some of the runs were not as clear because one hand was faster than the other.
If you practice your runs slowly, you'll be able to clean them up in no time.

And of course, going back to what Ids said. Try to tell a story with your solo, have an exposition, then rise tension, then have a climatic point (which in this case is definitely the tapping, that's the most exciting part of your solo, the one where people say "shut up! Here comes that part!") and then bring your solo to a close with a melody that ends in the tonic, so the listener has resolution.

Great audition!

Thank you @Ids Schiere and @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga ! Creating melody and a motif are things I struggle the most with! However my first idea was to have a sweep after the tapping but I clearly wasn't ready for this yet. Nevertheless I found that muted build up that lead to the lick that started the solo a good way to bring it all back and to an end. Definetly will work on your suggestions for the next one, even if I end up playing rhythm :)

Reactions: AGA and idssdi

Media information

Category
Student Shred Collaboration
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media