• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
K

sgs collab rhythm

• Kim
Practising on rhythm part. I found the fast palm muted part very difficult. So i dont get it all right, but wanted to post this, cause im working on it
@Aileé Guerra Aréizaga
That was good! It's also good you already know what to work on. You didn't seem to really mute the strings much during the palm muted section. Maybe try to work on your palm mutes seperately to get them on point :)

The double time is a tricky one. Im hoping everyone posts one more video before the deadline. I guarentee everyone's will be better just by polishing it off.

Reactions: Kim
I was going to say what Dominic said. Also, I usually play my fender, but my husband has a Gibson that looks identical to your guitar and when I play it I find it easier to mute when my palm is closer to the bridge. Just a above it. Play around with just muting and find the perfect placement for your palm to get the sound you want 😀

Reactions: Kim
I was going to say what Dominic said. Also, I usually play my fender, but my husband has a Gibson that looks identical to your guitar and when I play it I find it easier to mute when my palm is closer to the bridge. Just a above it. Play around with just muting and find the perfect placement for your palm to get the sound you want 😀
Thanks for tip, i tried that and it is indeed better. Before i played Ibanez, i found palm muting easier on it. Im gonna keep practisisng it. I found it more difficult if it is a change between palm muted and normal (like in Master of Puppets:
the part on low string: 007 006 005 04 03 02 1, dont know if it makes any sense, probably it will if you know tabs for Master of Puppets :p
So the change between pm and normal is really something i should practise more

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Student Shred Collaboration
Added by
Kim
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings