• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Syn's Tips Riff "Thoughts"

Decided to post my riff after the encouragement I got from many of you. As I said, it's not much, but I am proud of it.
I returned to the CAGED System and based my Riff around Syn's Tip in Lesson 29, where he encourages us to stay in one position when playing and making the most of it. To demonstrate why that is benefitial I played my chords in different positions first and the main riff all in one position.

Here's the theory behind it: My Riff is based around Dm, the Chord Progression is Dm-F-G (Dm-A-Dm-A-F-A-Dm-A-G-A-G-A to be exact). The main riff is sweeping the arpeggios (I think) all based around the fifth fret, using Dm in the Am shape, A in the E shape, the C shape for F and the D shape for G. I always play D, F or G arpeggio on the up sweep and the A on the down sweep.
I am doing this in so much detail to get some extra practice with the CAGED system. Also I am aware there is no F# in my key, which I play when sweeping the G arpeggio but I thought it adds a nice touch.
Man I was so unsure about posting this! Hope y'all like it though!
Really been into sweep practice lately but as soon as the cam runs my sweep motion seems 50% less fluid 😅

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media