• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BEETLEJUICE, by Danny Elfman

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
:syngates: Yo Family! I couldn’t cheat the public of my favorite Elfman score in existence. Beetlejuice epitomizes what Danny Elfman means to me. This was Jimmy’s favorite Elfman work as well.

The main theme is brilliant and still gives me goosebumps EVERY single time I hear it. This is quite possibly the launch pad that brought about Pinkly Smooth. We were both huge fans before we met each other and this really cemented our musical relationship.

I’m gonna leave the rest to the comments as I am nursing a delicious hangover and my kids could care less.

All my love,
SYN
:syngates:

YouTube

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    :syngates: Yo Family! I couldn’t cheat the public of my favorite Elfman score in existence. Beetlejuice epitomizes what Danny Elfman means to me. This was Jimmy’s favorite Elfman work as well.

The main theme is brilliant and still gives me goosebumps EVERY single time I hear it. This is quite possibly the launch pad that brought about Pinkly Smooth. We were both huge fans before we met each other and this really cemented our musical relationship.

I’m gonna leave the rest to the comments as I am nursing a delicious hangover and my kids could care less.

All my love,
    SYN

YouTube
    wow loved it!!! Beetlejuice is one of my fav movie ever! ill give a listen to the soundtrack!
    lol omg!!:ROFLMAO: I hope you get rid of your hangover and feel better tomorrow! love ya! ❤️ 🤯

Last edited:

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    YES, YES, YESSSSSS!!!!!!!
    As I mentioned yesterday in my review on the Batman post, Beetlejuice is my fav movie, alongside Edward Scissorhands!!!!
    I cannot say how happy I am about this new rec, Syn! I will gladly listen to the soundtrack and come back later.
    Oh, I can only imagine being hangover while having two little kids at home hahaha I hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to drink lots of water. ❤

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane Syn. I hadn't seen Batman in a long time and now I have to watch Beetlejuice again. It scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and now it's one of my favorites. I named my Syn Gates Standard Beetlejuice as well. :D Scores are so important to the overall feel of a movie. Tim Burton and Danny Elfman are a match made in heaven.

Last edited:

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane Syn. I hadn't seen Batman in a long time and now I have to watch Beetlejuice again. It scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and now it's one of my favorites. I named my Syn Gates Standard Beetlejuice as well. :D Tim Burton and Danny Elfman are a match made in heaven.
    Amazing! Couldn’t agree more :pink-heart:

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Yeeesss another AOTM! 🔥
    Ok I really like the movie but haven't watched that in a while so I might just give a rewatch tonight!
    For whatever reason I never really went and listen to the soundtrack alone, so I just did. Well, I already knew it was going to be a great, wild, ride; I mean..it's Danny Elfman!!
    The entire soundtrack is an amazing masterpiece so it's hard to pick favourites but I especially enjoyed the main theme, The Fly, Juno's Theme, Laughs and The Wedding.
    Danny Elfman and Tim Burton are damn power couple :pink-heart::rock-hand:

Hope you recover from your hangover soon Syn 😂
    Happy Sunday everybody!

Reactions: Aquamandy

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I had to restrain myself a little, because I got sooooo excited when I saw this rec! 😂 Well, if you don't get how happy I am about it, lemme show you what I have in my room:
    20210530_142002.jpg

Anyways, without further ado...
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!!

Main Titles: it's absolutely impossible listening to this and not wanting to dance. I feel like a happy child. It's bringing back so many good memories.
    Travel Music: oh, I can picture Barbara and Adam driving that car and going through that bridge...
    The Book!/Obituaries: that first part, with that eerie, dramatic vibe, reminds me of Lacrimosa, by Mozart. And the second part feels like a tango.
    Enter... "The Family"/Sand Worm Planet: that piano makes you feel like you're running fast, running away from a threat. I remember the chaotic and breath-taking scene with the sand worm. This song definitely matches the scene perfectly and makes you wanna run away too.
    The Fly: another song that gives you that urging feeling to escape.
    Lydia Discovers: kinda sounds like a lullaby, which makes sense, if we think about this whole alternative world that Lydia discovered, that looks and feels like a dream... "I, myself, am strange and unusual".
    In The Model: the brief appearance of the organ in the song makes me really happy. I can visualize the model town Adam built.
    Juno's Theme: very thrilling.
    Beetle-Snake: that sound in the very beginning that then appears again at 0:47 and goes through the rest of the song is like the sound of a rattlesnake. A very mischievous-sounding song.
    Sold: a little sad ballad.
    The Flier/Lydia's Pep Talk: in the background, we can hear this instrument that sounds like footsteps. A very smart thing, sounds haunting.
    The Incantation: my favorite thing about this one is the organ, for sure! My gothic self is really happy about it. Hahaha
    Lydia Strikes A Bargain: "Sure, I can help. But you gotta help me first." Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlej... oops, I almost couldn't resist the urge to say it 😅
    Showtime!: I can easily say this one is my favorite, for many reasons. "Well, I'm back. I feel really good about myself, you know?"
    Laughs: this one gives me major circus, clown vibes.
    The Wedding: you would expect a wedding march to be a very soothing and uplifting thing, but this one gives a desperation vibe, which matches perfectly the terror Lydia was feeling when she was our boy Beetlejuice's bride. 😂
    The Aftermatch: I love the happy vibe of this song. After everything Barbara, Adam and Lydia went through, they surely deserved a happy ending.
    End Credits: the perfect way to finish the perfect motion picture.

It's very clear the influence this had on Pinkly Smooth!
    Man, I feel so nostalgic now. I will definitely watch the movie again. Thank you for bringing back so many childhood memories, Syn. Your recommendations are always a blessing to my ears and my heart. Luv ya so much! ❤

Oh, and I can't leave without saying it: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

The Trash God

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Jan 2, 2021
    New Mexico
    www.instagram.com

All my love,
    SYN

YouTube
    Two AOTMs? We are being spoiled. Another one of my favorites as well. I love this soundtrack and this movie as well. Again it is Danny Rodman, I love everything he makes! Can't wait to relistem to this gem again!

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    I had to restrain myself a little, because I got sooooo excited when I saw this rec! 😂 Well, if you don't get how happy I am about it, lemme show you what I have in my room:
    View attachment 1600

Anyways, without further ado...
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!!

Main Titles: it's absolutely impossible listening to this and not wanting to dance. I feel like a happy child. It's bringing back so many good memories.
    Travel Music: oh, I can picture Barbara and Adam driving that car and going through that bridge...
    The Book!/Obituaries: that first part, with that eerie, dramatic vibe, reminds me of Lacrimosa, by Mozart. And the second part feels like a tango.
    Enter... "The Family"/Sand Worm Planet: that piano makes you feel like you're running fast, running away from a threat. I remember the chaotic and breath-taking scene with the sand worm. This song definitely matches the scene perfectly and makes you wanna run away too.
    The Fly: another song that gives you that urging feeling to escape.
    Lydia Discovers: kinda sounds like a lullaby, which makes sense, if we think about this whole alternative world that Lydia discovered, that looks and feels like a dream... "I, myself, am strange and unusual".
    In The Model: the brief appearance of the organ in the song makes me really happy. I can visualize the model town Adam built.
    Juno's Theme: very thrilling.
    Beetle-Snake: that sound in the very beginning that then appears again at 0:47 and goes through the rest of the song is like the sound of a rattlesnake. A very mischievous-sounding song.
    Sold: a little sad ballad.
    The Flier/Lydia's Pep Talk: in the background, we can hear this instrument that sounds like footsteps. A very smart thing, sounds haunting.
    The Incantation: my favorite thing about this one is the organ, for sure! My gothic self is really happy about it. Hahaha
    Lydia Strikes A Bargain: "Sure, I can help. But you gotta help me first." Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlej... oops, I almost couldn't resist the urge to say it 😅
    Showtime!: I can easily say this one is my favorite, for many reasons. "Well, I'm back. I feel really good about myself, you know?"
    Laughs: this one gives me major circus, clown vibes.
    The Wedding: you would expect a wedding march to be a very soothing and uplifting thing, but this one gives a desperation vibe, which matches perfectly the terror Lydia was feeling when she was our boy Beetlejuice's bride. 😂
    The Aftermatch: I love the happy vibe of this song. After everything Barbara, Adam and Lydia went through, they surely deserved a happy ending.
    End Credits: the perfect way to finish the perfect motion picture.

It's very clear the influence this had on Pinkly Smooth!
    Man, I feel so nostalgic now. I will definitely watch the movie again. Thank you for bringing back so many childhood memories, Syn. Your recommendations are always a blessing to my ears and my heart. Luv ya so much! ❤

Oh, and I can't leave without saying it: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!
    Amazing!! Thanks for such a thoughtful breakdown!