• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Singing AND playing?

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I can only do one or the other. I can never seem to do both. Either I’m playing the guitar just fine and forgetting lyrics or not singing in the correct pitch, or it’s the opposite and I’m getting the vocals perfect and messing up on the guitar. Is that normal? Any tips for developing your aboility to sing and play the guitar at the same time, or will it just come naturally with time? Thanks!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
For me I simply have to know really well what my fingers are supposed to do and know what the lyrics are. I can perfeclty fine sing along and play guitar at the same time so i guess it comes with experience and knowing songs well enough

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom has always impressed me with the lead parts he plays while singing! But it’s all about practice. When I first started trying to sing and play together, I thought I’d never get it. Then I saw Syn singing backups during the chorus of Beast and the Harlot and I said to myself, “It looks so easy! I can do that!” I tried, and now I can. But it’s partially because I’ve been playing that song for a long time and my muscle memory is just automatic for those guitar notes.