• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019

Opinions on this?? I will always love the original but duuude I dig this version. That guy's voice + melody lines? They catch me
    It's nice but didn't sound like a traditional rock band, not sure why cause they were playing instruments. I can't really tell what auto tune is, I'd really like to mess around with it if I knew where the button was in my DAW. I still want to make music in a band if possible, blues/rock/metal/punk stuff maybe DJ at night

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    It's nice but didn't sound like a traditional rock band, not sure why cause they were playing instruments. I can't really tell what auto tune is, I'd really like to mess around with it if I knew where the button was in my DAW. I still want to make music in a band if possible, blues/rock/metal/punk stuff maybe DJ at night
    Autotune is availabe as a plugin for DAWs, but you would probably need to install it. It is a vocal effects unit that is most famous for its pitch correction. So if the vocalist sings slightly sharp or flat, it could correct the pitch to the intended note, but it will also even it out, so there is no variation at all (in the extreme case also no vibrato).

Listening to this version, I know exactly what @Alicia Willis means, there are literally no dynamics in the voice at all. All the auto tune for the vocals does the same thing as all the over the top compression for the guitars, it just kills all dynamics :cry: .

@Topic:
    I was watching this yesterday night:

Just the total opposite from this processed stuff, this is dynamics in its pure form :love:. And Appetite For Destruction is one of my all time favorite albums anyway.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Autotune is availabe as a plugin for DAWs, but you would probably need to install it. It is a vocal effects unit that is most famous for its pitch correction. So if the vocalist sings slightly sharp or flat, it could correct the pitch to the intended note, but it will also even it out, so there is no variation at all (in the extreme case also no vibrato).

Listening to this version, I know exactly what @Alicia Willis means, there are literally no dynamics in the voice at all. All the auto tune for the vocals does the same thing as all the over the top compression for the guitars, it just kills all dynamics :cry: .

@Topic:
    I was watching this yesterday night:

Just the total opposite from this processed stuff, this is dynamics in its pure form :love:. And Appetite For Destruction is one of my all time favorite albums anyway.
    thanks, not sure if it's in garageband. it's early here, going to watch this GNR concert :D
    i really like all that long hair but i'm a bit bald now :(

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    🤔it’s not bad. For me personally though, Last Resort was a HUGE song for me in my formative teen years so I expect the “feels” I would have from the original and I just don’t get it here. I mean, I liked it, but it just felt like something was missing. Im thinking maybe it was all the auto tune, it was quite noticeable in a few spots. I kind of miss when everything didn’t sound so robotic and digital ya know ? Just my opinion, since you did ask for opinions lol.
    this is my first time hearing it too, I’ll give it a few more chances though 👍🏻
    Totally get you! This is very Pop, but in a good way. Personally I think autotune Here is used in the best way. Not so much for Pitch correction but a stylistic Thing to give it a distinct Sound.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Totally get you! This is very Pop, but in a good way. Personally I think autotune Here is used in the best way. Not so much for Pitch correction but a stylistic Thing to give it a distinct Sound.
    I can agree with you there about the auto tune, it’s definitely no T-Pain auto tune 😂 thank goodness

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy

This is an Italian band that came out of a talent show. This is their latest track that they presented for an italian music competition called Sanremo (it's a big event in Italy and usually the songs there are more on the pop side). They are the only competitors I dig this year (and one of the few italian act I like)
    They won the competition!!! My guys are going to the Eurovision 🤘🤘🤘🤘🖤