• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What Ed did

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
Apr 18, 2020
Cologne, Germany
A lot of hate for the crue in here. Question for you though. Are you listening to Vince Neil motley crue.. or non Vince Neil crue? Or the drug addicted crue (pre Dr feel good) or sober crue (Dr feel good the entire band got sober for 2 albums before Vince left/quit).

I won't state my opinion in mick as a player but he's not formally fought so you'll never find much theory stuff in his playing thatd match up 100%. They are a love hate band but im just curious to what everyone says is so over rated.
For me, Mötley Crüe = everything up to Dr. Feelgood, and I love it all! Saints of LA was also okay, couple of awesome songs on that. Don't care for any Corabi stuff.

Band I Hate: Let's just go with Limp Bizkit

Band I think Is Overrated: Sabaton

Band/Artist I think is under appreciated: Tankard, they always get left out of the "Big four of teutonic thrash metal" :(, but they deserve their place next to Kreator, Sodom, Destruction

Band I Love: Soooo many... but let's go with Iron Maiden, my overall all time favorites

Band I Can Listen To Over and Over: I've been on a Van Halen binge for the last year now

Band That Made Me Fall in Love with Music: Linkin Park was maybe the first one, my memory gets muddy 😅

Band That Changed My Life: I can't really say that I would credit any band with big changes in my life. 🤷‍♂️

Band That Surprised Me: Eluveitie, because I was never into folky stuff before discovering them when Slania came out

Guilty Pleasure: 90s Pop

Band that I Should Have Seen By Now: Guns 'n Roses

Great Band to See Live: Steel Panther shows are hilarious and great at the same time... Slayer on their final tour was one of the most intense shows I have experienced the last couple of years

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A lot of hate for the crue in here. Question for you though. Are you listening to Vince Neil motley crue.. or non Vince Neil crue? Or the drug addicted crue (pre Dr feel good) or sober crue (Dr feel good the entire band got sober for 2 albums before Vince left/quit).

I won't state my opinion in mick as a player but he's not formally fought so you'll never find much theory stuff in his playing thatd match up 100%. They are a love hate band but im just curious to what everyone says is so over rated.

I think, like the post I made about "most hated bands," the Crue gets hate because the Crue gets love. Musically, none of them was ever exceptional, though Sixx can write one hell of a song.

• Love
    Reactions: chris_is_cool

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I think, like the post I made about "most hated bands," the Crue gets hate because the Crue gets love. Musically, none of them was ever exceptional, though Sixx can write one hell of a song.
    Mick Mars is a great musician in my opinion, by far the most talented of the band. But I agree, the other members aren't great. Mick's playing in recent decades isn't what it used to be, but that's mainly due to his disability. Back in the day he wrote really cool blues riffs and solos which were songs in and of themselves. His tone was excellent and changed from album to album as well.

Last edited:

marc2000z

Free Bird Player
    Apr 29, 2020
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    BAND I HATE: Five Finger Death Punch
    BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Evanescence
    BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: Strapping Young Lad
    BAND I LOVE: Trivium
    BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Soilwork
    BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: Scorpions
    BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Metallica
    BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: Mayhem
    GUILTY PLEASURE: Amaranthe
    BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Megadeth
    GREAT BAND TO SEE: Iron Maiden

Tried to not name any band twice. What's yours??

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    BAND I HATE: I don't think I really hate any band

BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Imagine Dragon & Bastille, if only for the fact that I can't tell them apart 🤔

BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: De Staat

BAND I LOVE: Queens Of The Stone Age

BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Them Crooked Vultures

BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: Guns N' Roses

BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: My Chemical Romance, I would not have been the emo teen I was without them 😂

BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: Avenged Sevenfold - both when first discovering them and when getting back into their music last summer

GUILTY PLEASURE: Any and all Europop 😎

BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Hayley Williams / Paramore

GREAT BAND TO SEE: De Staat

Synner Endless Summer Collection

VizualSwami

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 28, 2020
    Vermont
    BAND I HATE: I don't really hate any bands tbh

BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Metallica

BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: Neutral Milk Hotel

BAND I LOVE: Pink Floyd

BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Nirvana

BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: Green Day, White Stripes

BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Pink Floyd, Avenged Sevenfold

BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: Avenged Sevenfold (I never even liked metal before them)

GUILTY PLEASURE: Eminem

BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Green Day or Twenty One Pilots

GREAT BAND TO SEE: Billy Joel

I'm really not that huge of a metalhead, just a big a7x fan.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Mick was pretty good for a guy who didn't really look anything up. And everyone knows about his condition. It's amazing he can still play. Even if it is half assed.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    BAND I HATE: One Direction

BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Fall Out Boy

BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: Avatar

BAND I LOVE: Trivium

BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Black Label Society

BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: Pink Floyd

BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Avenged Sevenfold!!! 🤘🤘

BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: Volbeat

GUILTY PLEASURE: Green Day

BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Dream Theater

GREAT BAND TO SEE: Gojira!!

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    BAND I HATE: I don't hate any band yet. I will edit this in the future if I do 😹
    BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Imagine Dragons. I actually like some of their songs, but they are overrated!
    BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: Five Finger Death Punch
    BAND I LOVE: Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold
    BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Metallica
    BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: A brazilian boyband named KLB. I was a crazy fan of them when I was 4 years old lol! Then Metallica when I was 11
    BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Metallica
    BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: System Of A Down
    GUILTY PLEASURE: Careless Whisper by George Michael. I don't know WHY but I love this song 😹 Also random soundtrack from movies and TV Shows, like all the songs from The Flash's musical crossover with Supergirl
    BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. I actually HAVE tickets for Metallica (I basically sold some of my vital organs to get them), and the concert was supposed to happen on April/2020. I don't know when it will happen now due to Covid-19 but as long as it happens, I'm keeping my tickets
    GREAT BAND TO SEE: Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and System of a Down

Synner Endless Summer Collection

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Because it's a brilliant song and anyone who hates it is a monster.
    A Brazilian rock band called Kiara Rocks covered this song, with a special feature from the one and only Sebastian Bach on the backing vocals! Plus, the song was produced by Matt Sorum!
    I suggest you check it out. 😉