• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Untitled”-the work in progress that hasn’t gone anywhere

I came up with this awhile ago, though at the time it was pointed out I had a chord in it that didn’t mesh well theoretically, so I changed it.
I remember when I wrote this and the emotions I had. I was feeling those emotions again today and decided to play it again.
I wish I knew what to do with this because I do love it so much, but I’m stuck. Idk where to go with it and don’t have the theory knowledge to do so.....
so, it shall forever remain a work in progress.....
I like it! Love that you're really using dynamics to change the feel and the mood here. Can't wait to see where you go with it - sometimes you just FIND it without knowing the thory behind it. Keep looking!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Honestly this was really great!! To me, the chords progression sounds good and i like the energy and the flow you give to the song!

Now that this is said and done, I want to talk about the the way you feel about it. As you said, this is a work in progress. truth is, it may take a while for it to really take the form you want to give it. You know its in your head but you just cant quite make it come out... if thats how you feel, well thats how I feel too. A lot of what I want to do seems so gigantic in my mind and I feel like i just want to give up because its soooooo much. To try to deal better with this, I try the best I can to just take a gently approach to it. To take things small and to use what I have. My point is to give yourself the time. As your skills enlarge, so will your ability to push forward a project. On the other hand, dont wait until you are satisfied with your skills and knowledge because, well, that might just never happen. There will always be something with which you will be struggling. and thats ok. Give yourself time and this project will finish itself within yourself :)

Damn, I hope what I say makes sense..

• Love
I like it! Love that you're really using dynamics to change the feel and the mood here. Can't wait to see where you go with it - sometimes you just FIND it without knowing the thory behind it. Keep looking!
Thank you ! I hope I can find it soon lol. I do very much love music that builds up on intensity and then drops back off, especially for a particular mood. One day I’ll be able to get what’s in my head out I hope !

Honestly this was really great!! To me, the chords progression sounds good and i like the energy and the flow you give to the song!

Now that this is said and done, I want to talk about the the way you feel about it. As you said, this is a work in progress. truth is, it may take a while for it to really take the form you want to give it. You know its in your head but you just cant quite make it come out... if thats how you feel, well thats how I feel too. A lot of what I want to do seems so gigantic in my mind and I feel like i just want to give up because its soooooo much. To try to deal better with this, I try the best I can to just take a gently approach to it. To take things small and to use what I have. My point is to give yourself the time. As your skills enlarge, so will your ability to push forward a project. On the other hand, dont wait until you are satisfied with your skills and knowledge because, well, that might just never happen. There will always be something with which you will be struggling. and thats ok. Give yourself time and this project will finish itself within yourself :)

Damn, I hope what I say makes sense..
You made perfect sense ! And I do struggle to get what’s in my head out ! This is as close as I’ve gotten which is why it’s a work in progress. It might be stupid but I feel deeply attached to it because it did come from a very emotional place and seeing that same emotion come back again really makes me want to do something great with it even though I can’t. Not sure if I’m making sense now haha.

• Love
Reactions: Rad Synner
You made perfect sense ! And I do struggle to get what’s in my head out ! This is as close as I’ve gotten which is why it’s a work in progress. It might be stupid but I feel deeply attached to it because it did come from a very emotional place and seeing that same emotion come back again really makes me want to do something great with it even though I can’t. Not sure if I’m making sense now haha.
No worries, I get it 100%! And to be honest, I think everybody struggles with that. But you already made the first step because now a part of it is out of your head! You have a video as a proof of it! And its even better that it has an emotional meaning for you because if the writer has no love or appreciation for its piece, its gonna be felt! After all, I like to think as a song as sort of a pinpoint of your life. from its creation, until its final form whatever may be, it will be true to who you were/are at this moment in time!

• Love
LOVE this! Sounds like a legit song I would want to listen to! Please stick with it, you will come up with something eventually!

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media