Want to view this lesson and many more like it? Sign up today.

Register now
  • Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Lesson description

3 Note Per String Horizontally in B minor (5th Mode)

Syn's tips

This is an incredible exercise to get you out of boxes and shapes. Being able to get to any spot on the fretboard.....FROM any spot on the fretboard is priceless.

As I’ve said, these Etudes can be applied to ANY scale in existence and if you don’t apply them across many of them, they will be useless to you. I don’t think I’ve ever used this exercise in B minor aside from this actual Etude. I do, however, use this exercise all of the time in my playing because I’ve practiced it in all of the modes of The Pentatonic, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor, Major, Double Harmonic Major, Diminished, Whole Tone, and other, scales.

You don’t have to be that thorough, but it will behoove you to conquer at least 4 or 5 of YOUR most played scales or applications.

Head to the Discussion Thread above if you have any questions or would like to help. Either way, we all greatly appreciate the participation!
Lesson statistics
Users enrolled
Completions
Posted on
Teacher
Synyster Gates