• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
I

Alternate Picking Exercises 1 – Lesson 40

So over the past month alternate picking has been, and still is, kind of my white whale. My 'natural state' is still to just downpick everything and it's probably going to take me a while to get that out of my system, so this exercise has kind of been my go-to lately.
J
Okay girly you are kicking so much ass. I'm going to dish out a tad bit of help here. You're on lesson 40, which is awesome. While any lesson is amazing to take, I see you seem to be moving on from lessons before you really have grasped them completely. I see you DOING lessons, and showing what you've learned, but I really think you should spend a bit more time on each lesson before moving on. Does that make sense? For example, this is a REALLY good job you're doing here, so keep practicing it until you can play it to a metronome at about 100 BPMs for 30 seconds without messing up, does that make sense? If you keep moving on to the next lesson just because you "learned" something, you're not really doing yourself any favors. Keep this up, and stick on it for at least a few weeks. New techniques and picking methods can take up to a month or even longer to fully incorporate and "get down". It took Syn a few years to fully be able to use economy picking in his playing. Keep it up! Fucking PROUD OF YOU

• Love
Reactions: iridecently

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
iridecently
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings