• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

Working on "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica

I'm back!! so I just recently started to work on this track. I wanted to post an early video to track my progress in the future. This is just the first half, at 90% speed. Lots of work to do!! I'm trying to work and get better at palm muting, string skipping and basically everything else 😂😂 Tips are very much appreciated as always ❤ Have a nice weekend Synners ✨✨
it's nice your doing great
only thing i can think of is practice standing up sometimes
the pictures where you made mistakes were funny :D

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac
I think this song is a great choice to practice palm muting and skipping strings! You're doing really well taking it slow so it's just a question of continuing to practice and slowly accelerate when you feel comfortable to do so!

Only thing i'll say is that I think there might be a mistake in there (at least compared to the way I learned it.)

In the intro, I see you do:

-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
--5/7-5/7-
--3/5-3/5-

It technically works as they are the right power chords but I think he's playing the following pattern picking each of them, there is no sliding:

-----------
-----------
-----------
--5-7-5-7-
--5-7-5-7-
-----------

That's the only thing I would say is different. It's honestly just that the roo is played on a different string but in essence, it's the same notes. Let me know if it's not clear and hope it helps!

Good job, love the edit! :)

I think this song is a great choice to practice palm muting and skipping strings! You're doing really well taking it slow so it's just a question of continuing to practice and slowly accelerate when you feel comfortable to do so!

Only thing i'll say is that I think there might be a mistake in there (at least compared to the way I learned it.)

In the intro, I see you do:

-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
--5/7-5/7-
--3/5-3/5-

It technically works as they are the right power chords but I think he's playing the following pattern picking each of them, there is no sliding:

-----------
-----------
-----------
--5-7-5-7-
--5-7-5-7-
-----------

That's the only thing I would say is different. It's honestly just that the roo is played on a different string but in essence, it's the same notes. Let me know if it's not clear and hope it helps!

Good job, love the edit! :)
Mmm very interesting. I'll definitely look into it. I'm not on a point yet where I can get things like this by ear, so my teacher taught it to me like this and sounded ok, so I didn't object and continued on working on it like this 😂😂but I'll see if this version works better. Thank you Radu!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Thank you William, you are right I definitely should😫😫😫 I will I promise!!
Try not to promise it's not so good :D I think cause the let down expectations thing
I keep trying not to do that too
Been mindful of it but it's hard to keep it up
It was some philosophy thing I heard but forgot what it was

Ari I loved it! 😻😻 By the way can you tell me if this is James' track or Kirk's track? Just out of curiosity LMAO also I laughed so much at the memes 😹 but I missed, hm, you know, the ducky 🤔

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: idssdi and ari.mac
Sounds really good Ari. I was going to make the same suggestion as Radu (that's how I play it), but if you prefer to do it the way you are, try not to slide back to the G5 from the A5.

Good luck with the next section, it's a challenging one🤘

• Love
Ari I loved it! 😻😻 By the way can you tell me if this is James' track or Kirk's track? Just out of curiosity LMAO also I laughed so much at the memes 😹 but I missed, hm, you know, the ducky 🤔
Thank you❤❤ ducky will be on next time 😂

Sounds really good Ari. I was going to make the same suggestion as Radu (that's how I play it), but if you prefer to do it the way you are, try not to slide back to the G5 from the A5.

Good luck with the next section, it's a challenging one🤘
Thank you Adin, I will try to see how is the way you and Radu suggested! And yeah, next section is a tough one 🥲

Last edited:

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media