• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Nate Stranieri

Syn Gates Riff - Pedal Contest

Hey! This is my entry for the pedal contest. For this riff I wanted to try and tell a story with the guitar parts so theres a lot of harmonies woven in and almost like a call and response between the guitar parts but I just video taped the main lead part. I pictured what it'd be like if you were able to dream with your favorite person in the world and could control your dreams and do whatever you wanted in them and that was the inspiration behind it. When it comes to using techniques I learned in some lessons I'd say the Intro to Hybrid Picking definitely helped with this. Specifically within those lessons I used simultaneous hybrid picking, along with the chordal arpeggiated hybrid picking that Papa Gates explains, in "Syn's Tips" he describes the versatility of this technique (applicable to metal, jazz, fusion, classical and in this case I applied it to a more math rock context) and I never understood that till I learned how to hybrid pick. Anyways hope you all enjoy and good luck!
J
Hey there! You weren't quite clear what Syn tips you used. You just said hybrid picking lessons. In each tip section below the lessons there is something that Syn will have you do based on the lesson. You have to do what he tells you to do in the tips

Reactions: Nate Stranieri
Hey there! You weren't quite clear what Syn tips you used. You just said hybrid picking lessons. In each tip section below the lessons there is something that Syn will have you do based on the lesson. You have to do what he tells you to do in the tips
Sorry forgot to include that, I adjusted it. Thanks for the heads up.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Nate Stranieri
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media