• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
TheTroller

Economy Picking – The 3-1-3 Pattern – Lesson 78 inspired lick

This lick that I developed employs multiple 3-1-3 patterns. I'm not sure how 'musical' it is theory-wise, but I obviously didn't play a pentatonic-based lick, as he stated in the lesson video that the 3-1-3 pattern can be played in non-pentatonic variants.
Tab:
Screenshot_20201124-1455452.png

J
Was this what Syn said to do in the tips?

J
Make sure you state that in the description! Sometimes Syn will give multiple tips in the section and we want to make sure we know what one you're doing

Just a thought that came to mind, I suggest you slow it down a little so it’s more clean and post longer videos. I’m saying this because I see potential in you. Good guitar playing isn’t all about speed. Just a suggestion, good luck!!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Just a thought that came to mind, I suggest you slow it down a little so it’s more clean and post longer videos. I’m saying this because I see potential in you. Good guitar playing isn’t all about speed. Just a suggestion, good luck!!

I honestly can't see what you're saying. It's not like studio clean or 600th try of a 17 year veteran with a $5,000 computer simulated amplifier clean, but I wouldn't say that it's detrimentally sloppy either. The lick doesn't really produce a memorable melody when slowed down, as it's meant to be speed picked. I did what I could with an hour of practicing the lick with a poor quality camera.

J
I honestly can't see what you're saying. It's not like studio clean or 600th try of a 17 year veteran with a $5,000 computer simulated amplifier clean, but I wouldn't say that it's detrimentally sloppy either. The lick doesn't really produce a memorable melody when slowed down, as it's meant to be speed picked. I did what I could with an hour of practicing the lick with a poor quality camera.
Hey there man there's no reason to get defensive with her suggestion. She's not talking about your camera quality or anything like that. She is trying to give you constructive feedback. If you think what she said to you right now was harsh you should listen to the 14 voice messages I sent her about her bat country solo which I dug into her way more than what she dug into you. And she took it on the chin without excuses. I would suggest for you rethink her suggestion.

Hey there man there's no reason to get defensive with her suggestion. She's not talking about your camera quality or anything like that. She is trying to give you constructive feedback. If you think what she said to you right now was harsh you should listen to the 14 voice messages I sent her about her bat country solo which I dug into her way more than what she dug into you. And she took it on the chin without excuses. I would suggest for you rethink her suggestion.
Well I don't really care for playing at a studio level, as long as it's recognizable with the notes in the tab and doesn't have too much string nose.

J
Well I don't really care for playing at a studio level, as long as it's recognizable with the notes in the tab and doesn't have too much string nose.
we're not telling you to play at studio level, she's just making a suggestion for improvement :)

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Hey man, there are many of us here simply using our phone to record our videos and progress. I sincerely don’t think anyone was saying anything about that. But I have to agree with kat a bit. If you slowed it down just a bit, I think it would be much easier for everyone to see what’s going on and help in anyway we can. This community is all about building each other up and helping to improve. 🙂

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
TheTroller
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings