• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riffs

🎄🎁 Merry Christmas Syn and Papa! 🎁🎄

• Jak Angelescu
  • Dec 4, 2019
  • 4 Comments
This is just ONE part of what WE ALL did! I am so sorry that some didn't get to be a part of this specific video. Due to email errors some missed the new deadline memo. HOWEVER, Syn and Pops loved this so much I doubt they'd mind getting a second video. So please still send me your submissions!
A cover of the track “Horn” by Nick Drake. He used lots of odd tunings + finger picking patterns so his style has always seemed unobtainable to me (I never finger pick lol) but I’ve decided to do my best to learn from what he left behind 😄 Only just learned it today. Sorry for metronome vol!
The Stage Chorus.mp3
I learned by ear the Chorus of The Stage, the second one and recorded it :) let me know what you guys think. i didn't mixed it :(
My solo just hit 100k Spotify streams today :)
Hey dudes here's another solo heavily influenced by Syn's Etude's. Im super stoked about this solo because this song from my band Acacia Ridge actually just hit 100,000 Spotify streams today! Anyways thanks as always to this awesome community!
Hey! I played rhythm and solo section! Enjoy!
So...as you guys see im tryinng it! That is my first FULL song i ve ever played. I would have never done that if my brother @[3987:@Dominik Gräber] wouldnt have helped me. And than you for all the support and check out my brother!
My brother learned his first song AND we played the whole thing together!
Learned this one while living 9-5 on Skid Row, working my fingers to the bone...
Worked my ass off to get that riff to sound half decent! Still far from perfect but it’s now clearly recognizable!

Crossroads improv

A little blues improv

Crossroads improv

I tried to experiment with some stuff but that didn't always really work out but here's me improvising some blues
I was challenged by Ed Seith to play the crazy train riff Lemme know what you guys think about it🤘
⚡⚡NIGHTMARE ⚡⚡
Have a great week!
i failed a bit the triplets part haha, finally im able to do it full speed, any tips or feedback? so i can improve and start with the sextuplets part! :)
Metal riff and solo I wrote over Panic’s Casual Affair.

Tapping I

Late Night Practicing. Did you practice today? I hope you did!
Hey guys, sorry I’ve been offline for a while but I’ve been getting my band going. This is our first video. Hope you enjoy. Metal From Nashville / TN , Thanks For Watching . SPOTIFY : https://open.spotify.com/album/7d13raVnRWdoHscv983WdY?si=FJUvLIB1Szig2AuBirL-_Q APPLE MUSIC : htt...
Sometimes that Old Town Road takes a detour down Metal Ally. Some improv over the “Old Town Road” chords. Lots of Marty Friedman-ish ideas in there. He likes to bend that tri-tone b5 note up and it sounds really demonic when you descend to it. Just always bounce off and don’t linger on it.
here is my progress on the etude ! im almost at full speed tho (only at eights, eights triplets and sixteenths, still need to learn sixteenths sextuplets), but im still gonna work on 95% speed a little longer with some minor issues :) any tips ?

Fred intro

I did this as a metal minute a while ago. It's not perfect but Kind of ok I think. I'm not the biggest fan of Allan Holdsworth his lead playing(sorry about that Syn😅) but I absolutely love his chord voicings and chords he uses!