• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riffs

Check out this solo I composed for a contest !
Check out my cover of Andy James' Sky Dreams !
Check out my cover of John Petrucci's glasgow kiss solo !
Everyone kept covering Jason Richardsons parts, but not the earlier sections! So I transcribed it and recorded it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_GId8p-Y0
this is my solo cover buried alive
Sometimes, I can still play this... lol
Not all are perfected. Just progress from my first year of playing. I hope to get better here.
Learned this by ear with pretty shitty quality, didn't know how to make a decent sounding video at the time.
Shoutout to Syn, Papa Gates, and Martin Ronning for the tips. I struggled with getting clean sweeps but now it seems to be clearing up!
The most beautiful John Petrucci guitar solo ever? Possibly!
My favorite Steve Vai song, hope you'll like it!
Just another cover of Tornado of Souls solo!
Hi guys! Here's my cover of Fermi Paradox solo!
The backing track is from System of a Down's "Lonely Day". Its not great I need improvement but that's why I'm here.
I love a good metal power ballad. Two of my favorite songs of all time are Metallica's Fade to Black and Pantera's Cemetery Gates. This was my attempt to write a song with a similar type of vibe.
For this song, I was going for a different feel. I think it has an 8/4 feel or something around that, until the end of the song. It has a bit of a Lamb of God vibe.
This is one of the first songs I demoed out. I've since gotten a little better with the over all quality but its one of the tracks I'm most proud of, songwriting wise. The initial idea for the song was to combine a really heavy, thrashy verse riff with an almost punk chorus that had harmonized guita
Recorded this demo in Cubase 8 with Superior Drummer. Wrote this song with the intention of going in and out of the diminished and melodic minor scales but making the chorus have more of a major sound without making the whole thing sound forced. The lead in the beginning of the song gets emulated w
Hey guys, this is an exercise I enjoy doing (plus it sounds cool). It helps build dexterity and some speed. This is my first lesson so don't hate me too much lol. Hope you guys enjoy!!