• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riffs

Blues Jam

Blues Jam

36 Likes, 9 Comments - Rute Rodrigues (@rute_rrodrigues_) on Instagram: “⚡Sunday Night Bluesy Jam⚡ Have a nice week #guitar #guitarsolo #guitarjam #blues #bluesy #bluesjam…”
To go along with people not being afraid to post, in trying not to be afraid to post. My amazing wife, Alicia Willis, did a great video in the forums about posting videos. Only way to get over my social/performance anxiety is to just post.
This is my Buried Alive attempt. Not really happy with it cuz it needs more work! I’m away on vacation rn so I can’t retake it for now. Anyways tell me what you guys think!
One take quick video.This is more a side practice with a few riffs.
Thought I do something different today and show you a song I warm up to. I covered this before but this time I was more loose and just jamming for funs sake. Also, you actually see me. Sorry 'bout that. Also sorry for REALLY bad audio, guitar recording didn't work.

Ghost- Square Hammer

This is from awhile ago. Makes me pose the question if I lost something with my back injury, or if maybe that badass schecter we no longer have made me play better lol. 🤔

A7 voicing explanation

I was just gonna post this in the forum but then I decided to improv over a chord progression that includes this voicing so I decided to put it in the riff section
I hope it's okay to post some heavier stuff here... The first time I heard Periphery and especially Progressive Metal my mind was blown away. I did not like everything and sometimes it was too much. But the more you get into it, the less you can listen to the easy rythms... It's like an addiction!
Whaddup pendejos! I tried Van Halen's Beat It solo the best I could.
Words of encouragement for the other beginners out there to get posting !!!! Thanks @[3987:@Dominik Gräber] for starting this discussion in the forums !

Sweeping Etude Metronome Practice

• Jak Angelescu
  • Jan 27, 2020
  • 5 Comments
This etude was really sloppy still. And then I realized if I went to go recorded in the studio I would have to make sure every beat was on beat. So I set my ...
Lucid Dreams -Juice WRLD
Currently working on another Avenged Sevenfold solo cover. It’s 95% done but there’s a part that’s making me go crazy.. my fingers just give up every time (thanks to you, Mr Gates).. for now enjoy this calming cover of Lucid dreams or Shape of my Heart 😊🙏🏼

Combining Lesson 24 and 25

• Jak Angelescu
  • Jan 26, 2020
  • 5 Comments
I try my jazz jam once again! This time I tried to use some concepts from the blues master classes as far as just trying to let the solo breathe. I actually ...
The analysis of the harmony in I'll see you in My dreams by Django Reinhardt. Next week(January 27th-februari 2nd) I think I'll be doing a Beatles Medley(haven't checked the poll yet but it seemed that way earlier) and the poll for the week after will be up tomorrow
I would greatly appreciate any feedback on my playing. Im new to the forum and never had any formal lessons and don't really know where to start. I have been playing seriously for about 4-5 years now and feel like I have hit a plateau. Im a little hesitant with videos cause im not super good.
Grey Daze - What's in the eye
Can't find much about this song online guitar-wise. I still have to figure out the ending.
Hi! I just want to let you know that I´m still alive XD
on the hunt-lynyrd skynyrd solo.
absolutely so fun to play but those bends will getcha

Day 2 of Five Hours

• Jak Angelescu
  • Jan 22, 2020
  • 2 Comments
This is just a brief cap. I'm making albums for all the things I work on so I can personally track my own growth. These etudes along with the lessons, wow!!