• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riffs

a little mixture of alternative picking , legato and string skipping
A Solo Cover of Malagueña Salerosa.
A cover of Welcome home (Sanitarium)... been on a metallica binge lately and i got a new line 6 pod HD500x with midi capabilities so i figure id try it out to this song and let me say midi programming make life so much easier.
Improvise over It's my life. Have a nice day 🙂
One of the greatest solos ever written, it always gives me goosebumps.
Here's the Afterlife solo! I'm starting to get the super-fast picking parts more consistently, so in the mean time I say fuck the easy parts (like the beginning), I will fix them later lol right now it's all about making sure I stay relaxed while playing and training my mind to play it all the way t
Some ideas on note choice(or more specifically notes I like to use in my playing)
What do you think about the last part (tapping)? Too much?

Jak Angelescu's riff from October 14, 2018 at 11:13 am

• Jak Angelescu
  • Oct 14, 2018
  • 0 Comments
Sequences were VERY popular in melodic writing in the 19th century of classical music. And in the 80's, lol!
Avenged Sevenfold - heretic (jam)
Not a full cover as I can't record over a minute on my phone atm. Just a fun little vid of a song I've wanted to learn for a while now. Learnt completely by ear, in drop D using nothing but power chords, so let me know what you think or if there's anything I can improve on!
So far away improvised solo for you guys.

Jak Angelescu's riff from October 11, 2018 at 10:20 pm

• Jak Angelescu
  • Oct 11, 2018
  • 0 Comments
I am so excited how quickly I am improving! I'll be learning the rest of the solo today
Another lesson for the soloing stuff. This time on staccato.
A little tip for the beginners on how to improve your playing. It's about adding sustain. When I was first starting out I didn't pay attention to that because I didn't even realise that sustain is also a part of a melody or a riff. Hopefully this helps some of you. Cheers!
hey this is my first post! This is my attempt of the Unforgiven Solo by Metallica, tried my best 🙂 feedback is greatly appreciated, rock on you guys!
Hi, guys! So back when I could not alternate pick or change fingers quickly at all, this was a practice I used that is also Halloween and horror themed. I hope it might be able to help someone else out with their alternate picking and changing fingers playing, as well.
Hello guys, here's one more Marty Friedman solo. The one he recorded for the theme song of the anime B: The Beginning. Very beautiful solo. Hope you'll like it!
Hi, guys! So around December of last year, I came up with something while playing that I just really liked and wanted to turn into a song. I'm working on it again and wanted to share it with you guys to get some thoughts. As far as I know, it hasn't been used yet so I'm going to try to put some cool